White logo - Duncan & Toplis

The Duncan & Toplis Foundation

Established in 2022, the Duncan & Toplis Foundation will lead the fundraising initiatives for our group of accountants and business advisers.

Since 1925, Duncan & Toplis have been supporting local communities and charities in the form of monetary donations. We are perfectly placed to provide charitable and social support to our local communities, with eleven offices based throughout the East Midlands - including the regions of Lincolnshire, Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire.

We are passionate about making a positive and lasting difference to the lives of local individuals and are keen to expand on our corporate social responsibility by establishing The Duncan & Toplis Foundation.

What we are looking to achieve

Throughout our history we have regularly engaged in social responsibility initiatives, however these have predominantly been delivered by small local teams or individuals. Establishing the foundation will allow us to make greater use of our capabilities, and allow us to utilise the wider Duncan & Toplis team to increase both our reach and effectiveness.

The Duncan & Toplis Foundation will enable us to outline our future commitments and identify causes to support that align with our chosen criteria. This will enable us to make a greater contribution to our local communities that are supporting sustainable development and demonstrating the behaviours that reflect our core values.

How we raise our funds

The Duncan & Toplis team member community will support the foundation in multiple different ways. This includes offering donations, involvement in our four annual fundraising days and also as volunteers supporting the foundation’s criteria. Fundraisers are an important part of the foundation’s income - these include events such as sponsored walks, golf days and bake offs to name just a few.

All of the administration costs for the foundation are covered by Duncan & Toplis, meaning that every penny raised will be donated to the charities and organisations that we support. We have pledged that a minimum of 95% of the funds raised will be used to support UK based causes, with the remaining 5% being donated to international organisations supported by Kreston Global.

Apply for funding

Funding provided by The Duncan & Toplis Foundation is guided by a core criteria, with the focus on small to medium-sized organisations in the East Midlands that can benefit from grants of up to £1,000. The Foundation is dedicated to supporting initiatives within a 20-mile radius of our office locations with the aim of benefiting our local communities.

Each year, the foundation leadership team will decide on three to five defined focus areas for the coming financial period. Examples of this criteria includes art and creativity, community spaces, food and shelter, mental health, palliative care and work for young people.

Could your organisation benefit from the Duncan & Toplis Foundation? Please contact us today for more information.